Week 3 Discussion
This week's reading discusses additional material on the nature of the international politics, economy and ideological assumptions driving both. Discuss what you consider to be the most important elements of these readings. Also, there is an election, so it's fine to bring in the results and issues pertaining to it.
• Explain the role of international institutions
• Apply liberalism and realism theories to current and historical events
• Explain interdependence
• Global Inventory of Statistical Standards, "List of International Organizations" https://unstats.un.org/unsd/iiss/List-of-International-Organizations.ashx
• Lisa Martin and Beth Simmons, "International Organizations and Institutions" https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/bsimmons/files/ch_13_-_international_o...
• Stant, A. (2009). 3rd Dimensional Realism: Power in International Political Economy. Conference Papers— Midwestern Political Science Association, 1. Retrieved from http://ezproxy.umgc.edu/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.asp...