Project #3: Presentation for Board of Directors
Padgett-Beale’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) has tasked you to continue supporting the Merger & Acquisition team’s efforts to bring Island Banking Services’ security program into compliance with U.S. laws and regulations. The M&A team has provisionally accepted the draft cybersecurity strategy and draft implementation plan which you prepared previously. The M&A team has now requested that you contribute a set of summary slides for the M&A team’s Decision Briefing (presentation) to the Padgett-Beale Board of Directors. This briefing is one of the final steps in obtaining approval for the M&A team’s plan for integrating the newly purchased company – Island Banking Services – into Padgett-Beale as Padgett-Beale, Inc Financial Services (PBI-FS).
Before you begin developing your presentation, review your work products from Projects 1 & 2. As you do so, identify the most likely or most significant barriers to success (factors which increase the risk of failure). These can include barriers arising from external factors as well as issues arising from internal company sources. Consider culture and organizational conflict as well as legal and regulatory issues. For each factor, identify a countermeasure or compensatory action which the company could take to reduce the risk of failure. Select the five most significant barriers to success from your analysis. You will include these in your presentation slides.
Develop Your Presentation:
Using your prior work (Projects 1 & 2), develop a high-level summary presentation of your Cybersecurity Strategy and the Implementation Plan. You will need between 20-30 slides to fully address the requirements listed below; this slide count includes the slides for titles, section titles, and references. Remember to include speaker notes for the agenda slide, section title slides, and content slides. Your notes should be at least 20 words / one paragraph but no longer than 150 words / 3 paragraphs per slide.
Your presentation must include the following:
- Title Slide with title, your name, the date, and this course
- Agenda Slide
- Overview of the M&A effort (multiple slides – use the assignment overviews / background sections to put together a summary that answers: who, what, where, why, how)
- Section Title Slide: Cybersecurity Strategy
- Content Slides: provide a summary of your proposed Cybersecurity Strategy (Project 1)
- Section Title Slide: Cybersecurity Implementation Plan
- Content Slides: provide a summary of your proposed Cybersecurity Implementation Plan
- Section Title Slide: Barriers to Success
- Content Slides: five separate slides – one for each factor (identify each barrier to success and provide a recommended countermeasure or compensating action that the company could implement to reduce the risk of failure). This section will expand upon your “barriers to success” as discussed in Project #2.
- Section Title Slide: Summary & Recommendations
- Content Slide: present a recommendation that the strategy & implementation plan be approved by the Board of Directors for adoption and implementation by the company. Include 5 major business benefits of adoption and implementation. This may be new content (not previously included in projects 1 & 2).
- Section Title Slide: References
- Content Slides(s) that include reference list entries for your resources. Do not cite your own work for Projects 1 & 2.
Putting It All Together
MS Power Point .pptx format is the preferred delivery format; this application can be accessed via the Web or downloaded from UMGC under the university’s enterprise license for student use of Office 365. For more information see: https://www.umgc.edu/help/help-topic.cfm?id=kA00W000000sZpeSAE&table=FAQ_IT__kav&action=getArticle
If you are unable to use Power Point, you may use another presentation application to create your slides and speaker notes. After you have done so, print your presentation slides to PDF and deliver the assignment as a PDF document. If you deliver as PDF, you must make sure that your speaker notes are visible and accompany each slide.
- Consult the grading rubric for specific content and formatting requirements for this assignment.
- Your presentation should be professional in appearance with consistent use of fonts, font sizes, margins, etc.
- You must include a title slide with the assignment title, your name, and the due date. Your reference list must be on a separate slide at the end of your file.
- You are expected to write grammatically correct English in every assignment that you submit for grading. Do not turn in any work without (a) using spell check, (b) using grammar check, (c) verifying that your punctuation is correct and (d) reviewing your work for correct word usage and correctly structured sentences and paragraphs.
- You are expected to credit your sources using in-text citations and reference list entries. Both your citations and your reference list entries must follow a consistent citation style (APA, MLA, etc.). To reduce visual clutter, you may put citations for sources into footnotes at the bottom of your slides (instead of putting citations at the ends of bullet points).