For this discussion topic each student is required to have at least 2 postings: One answering at least one of the questions and a second responding to another student’s posting. Please select a question that has not been answered by the time you post your response. You can select any question to answer once all questions are answered. Please do not copy another student’s posting.
This discussion will close at midnight Sunday, September 11th.
1. Convert the Purchase Orders database to an Excel table. Use the techniques described in Example 2.4 in the textbook to find:
a. the total quantity of Pressure Gauge purchased.
b. the total cost of all orders placed with Manley Valve.
2. For the Bicycle Inventory database, write a logical IF function that enters “Markdown” in column H if the purchase cost is less than $86 and the selling price is at least $100; if not, then enter “no Markdown”.
3. Open the Excel file Store and Regional Sales database. Sort the data by unit price, low to high.
4. A manage needs to identify some information from the Purchase Orders database but has only the order numbers. Modify the Excel file to use the VLOOKUP function to find the item description and cost per order for the following order numbers: Aug11011, Oct11010, and Nov11002.
5. Problem 37, Textbook Page 81
Construct PivotTables showing the counts of gender versus carrier and type versus usage in the Excel file Cell Phone Survey. What might you conclude from this analysis?