Submit a paper which is 3-4 pages in length (no more than 4-pages), exclusive of the reference page. Paper should be double-spaced in Times New Roman font which is no greater than 12 points in size. The paper should cite at least three sources in APA format. One source can be one of your textbooks, if applicable.
- Develop a case report for the Amazon.com case using case report rubric and guidelines
- Case report must integrate your concepts and include some of the input of your peers from the discussion assignment conducted in the previous unit
What to do
Read the following:
- com: An Internet Giant Fine-Tunes its Strategy. (2007). In Laudon, K. C., & Laudon, J. P. Information Systems, Organizations, and Strategy. Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm 10th ed. Download the pdf.
- The 5 Ps of marketing (2021, March 10). In How to market you business. Australian Government Business. https://www.business.gov.au/marketing/advertising/the-5-ps-of-marketing
- Fleerackers, T. (2010). Case: Amazon.com. Flat world Business. https://flatworldbusiness.wordpress.com/flat-education/intensify/creating-a-flat-business/case-amazon-com/
- Analyze Amazon.com using the competitive forces and value chain models. How has it responded to pressures from its competitive environment? How does it provide value to its customers?
- Describe Amazon’s evolving business strategy. Why did the company change its strategy?
- Conduct research and discuss the different markets that Amazon.com is expanding into (Books, Video, Music, General Merchandise, Cloud Computing, Devices). Discuss the competitive advantage that Amazon.com has in these diverse markets. Is the competitive advantage in each the same? Address why or why not.
- Product Marketing is based upon the five P’s (Product, Place, Promotion, Price, and Profit). Discuss the Amazon.com approach to each and how this contributes to competitive advantage.
- Do you think Amazon can continue to be successful? Explain your answer.