Take a minute to think about the health-promotion and disease-prevention issue you chose to focus on at the outset of this course. Now bring to mind the problem and target population you identified. The program design and evaluation planning you have engaged in throughout this course have served an important purpose—not only of furthering your own knowledge and expertise, but of contributing toward an understanding of these significant topics and furthering collective progress toward important goals.
As a DNP-prepared nurse, you have an ethical and professional obligation to disseminate findings. This Discussion seeks to facilitate your professional growth by asking you to assess and reflect on the success of your program design, the challenges you have encountered, and the ethical considerations that may warrant additional attention.
- How has your understanding of the national health-promotion and disease-prevention issue and your selected problem and target population developed over the past several weeks? How has your perception changed, if at all?
- Critically evaluate the pros and cons of the program you have designed. Based on what you have learned in this course, as well as your professional experiences, do you think your program would address the problem for the target population? Would the benefits outweigh the costs?
- Examine the ethical implications of the program you have designed. What questions, concerns, and/or insights do you have?
- As a nurse engaged in advance practice, which venues would be viable for disseminating the results of your program design and evaluation? What audience would be most interested in these findings? Identify at least one professional journal to which you could publish the results of your program design and evaluation, as well as at least one other venue for disseminating results.
Post a 2 page cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
- Assess your program design and evaluation, including the ethical implications of the program you have developed.
- Identify at least one professional journal in which you could publish the results of your program design and evaluation, and describe at least one other venue that could provide a valuable forum for disseminating results.