Discussion—Ethical Considerations for Healthcare Reform
In this assignment, you will explore the ethical issues present in the healthcare system.
Research the ethical issues of reforming the healthcare systems in the United States and at least one other country using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet.
Respond to the following:
- Does the government have an ethical obligation to provide some form of healthcare for its citizens?
- Identify the key features of the major proposals currently being considered to reform the healthcare system in both the United States and one other country.
- In what ways do these features reflect a continuation of the existing system?
- In what ways would they represent a significant overhaul?
Write your initial response a minimum of 200–300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Sunday, February 10, 2013, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, February 13, 2013, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Cover the following items in your posts:
- Provide a statement of clarification.
- Provide a point of view with rationale.
- Challenge a point of discussion, or draw a relationship between one or more points of the discussion.
This discussion assignment will be graded using the discussion rubric.
For assistance with any problems you may have when completing this assignment—OR—to offer your assistance to classmates, please use theProblems and Solutions Discussion area located through the left side navigation link.