In class today we watched a short introduction to the documentary I.O.U.S.A. which discusses the “rapidly growing national debt and its consequences for the United States and its citizens.”
I would like you to watch the documentary and submit a written reaction to its content. Your written submission must be at least 500 words, typed using Times New Roman font, font size 12, and double-spaced, with page margins of one-inch. Please feel free to submit a longer response.
Here is a link to the full movie:
The documentary is a little dated. Therefore, you should also watch some of the videos available here:
Specifically, there are five videos that cover some proposed solutions to the problem.
When writing a reaction paper here are some questions that you may consider:
- Did the movie hold your interest? Why or why not?
- Did the movie bother or annoy you? Why or why not?
- What did you realize as a result of watching the movie?
- What questions does the movie raise for you – about the material, or about other things?
- Does the movie remind you of readings that you have done for this class? Compare and contrast the piece to those readings?