Assignment 1: Individual Research and Short Paper—Multinational Versus Multidomestic Issues
Using the MNC you selected for individual research in M1: Assignment 2, (TOYOTA) discuss some of the issues a company faces when it tries to use a multidomestic or multinational strategy. Toyota
- What legal or cultural requirements do companies need to consider when adopting a multidomestic strategy?
- Who are the major stakeholders of a company using a multidomestic strategy? Do the rules change or does the company always need to ensure they are complying both with local laws and the laws of the parent company? What role does the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) play for U.S. companies operating in foreign markets?
Write a 4-pages report in Word format. Apply current APA standards for writing to your work.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M6_A1.doc.
By Monday, June 10, 2013, submit your assignment to the M6: Assignment 1
Assignment 2: Course Project Task 6—Current Financial Status and Future Growth (IKEA)
Both multidomestic and multinational companies have to consider legal and cultural requirements when expanding in international markets.
Consider how each of the following impacts your chosen MNC (IKEA)
- Comparable financial statements (balance sheet and income statement)
- Versus competitors
- Last three years
- Noticeable trends
- Investments in the specific country or regional area
- Recommendations and insights on the company
Express the client company’s current financial state and potential future growth opportunities. BY DISCUSSING the MNC’s current financial status and prospects for future growth and post your