|Assignment Name:||Unit 3 Individual Project|
|Deliverable Length:||The body of the paper should be 3 pages|
|Details:||Once you have developed your product/service, you then need to determine how to make it available to the end user. Using your textbook and the articles from the Databases in the AIU Library, develop a distribution system for the product/service you chose in Unit 1.
Click here for the research requirements and guide for this assignment.
· An overview of distribution channels:
o Channel Levels: Direct versus Indirect Distribution
o Channel Organizations: Conventional, Vertical, Horizontal and Multichannel Marketing Systems
· Analyze your target market’s needs. Explain what you know about your target market and what they want from a channel of distribution.
· Determine which channel members you will use and explain why (Indirect: retailer, wholesaler, dealer, manufacturer’s rep, etc. Direct: catalog, telephone, sales force, etc.)
· Discuss how many channel members you will use and explain why (intensive distribution, exclusive distribution or selective distribution)
· Recommend a channel organization and explain why (conventional, vertical, horizontal or multichannel marketing system)
Your report MUST include a reference list. All research should be cited in the body of the paper. In-text citations and corresponding references should be included in your paper. For more information on APA, please visit the APA Lab. The paper should be written in third person; this means pronouns like “I”, “we”, and “you” are not appropriate. The use of direct quotes is strongly discouraged.
Your assignment should contain a cover page, an abstract page and a reference page in addition to the body. The body of the paper should be 2-3 pages in length – starting with a brief one paragraph introduction and ending with a short conclusion. The entire submission will be 5-6 pages in length.
Please submit your assignment as a Word document in APA format using the attached Template.
Please submit your assignment.