You recently were asked to attend a meeting to discuss the hiring process in your workplace. The Human Resources Director attended and made the following statement: “ We obviously want intelligent people, but we also want them to have emotional intelligence”.
What did the HR director mean by that? To learn more about emotional intelligence, explore the sites listed below. Please take one of the Emotional Intelligence (EI) tests. Reflect on your results and explore ways that you might develop an enhanced emotional IQ.
The following sites have informal self – administered surveys that introduce the concept of EI in an interesting and personal way. There are also links at these sites to follow-up on emotional quotient (EQ) assessment and enhancement approaches.
After taking the test, write a 2 – 3 page paper that covers the following:
· Test results and a description of your experience in taking the test – a reflection on the results of the test.
· Explanation of emotional intelligence including examples. Include the theories and ideas around EI.
· Why emotional intelligence is important
· Ways that one can enhance their emotional intelligence
Be sure to document your references using APA format.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials. Please refer to the following multimedia course materials(s)
· Week 3– Emotion, Learning, and Motivation
· Week 3 – Principles of Emotional Intelligence
Please use the following guidelines for formatting your assignment.
· Margins – set to one inch
· Font – 12pt. Times New Roman, no bold, or underline
· Title – center above the paper, 12 pt. font (Level A Heading), no bold, underline, or italics
· Pagination – every page; consists of a header containing a short title for the paper and page number placed in the upper right corner of the page
· Line Spacing – double space all work including the References Page.
· Point-of-View – third person, objective; limit perspective to research; no personal opinion or narrative First person is allowed in describing the test and results, as well as discussing personal ways to enhance EI.
· In-text citations – must conform to APA requirements
· References list – must conform to APA requirements
Please submit your assignment.
Explanation of emotional intelligence including examples
Why emotional intelligence is important
Description of experience in taking the test – a reflection the results of the test
Ways that one can enhance emotional intelligence
|Use of research sources
|Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format are correct and professional.
All sources cited using APA