A reliable and time-tested strategic framework can be applied to organization design in determining the overall structure and process. For this assignment, you will research Michael Porter’s three generic strategies (low cost, differentiation, and focus) and learn how they can be used as a starting point for organization design. For example, if an organization develops a strategy around low cost (for example, Walmart), they must subsequently design and structure the organization so that it supports low operating costs, thereby enabling providing lower prices for their target customers.
Research for articles on Michael Porter’s three generic strategies: low cost, differentiation, and focus.
In your paper:
- Explain each of Porter’s three generic strategies (low cost, differentiation, and focus).
- Provide examples of Porter’s strategies in action from business practice.
- Relate Porter’s strategies to organization structure and process.
- Apply ideas from peer-reviewed scholarship in your writing.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication should be well organized and clear, with correct spelling and grammar.
- APA format: Resources and citations should be in current APA format. Be sure to include title and reference pages.
- Length: 1–2 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title and reference pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.