The individual CTF challenge is made up of 100 challenges separated into 10 categories of 10 challenges. You may choose which challenges you want to attempt and may attempt multiple challenges from the same category. Once you have attempted any of the 10 questions out of the 100, proceed to the CTF Challenge Write-Up. For this Project:
- Review the Capture the Flag (CTF) Challenges and pick 10 to solve.
- You can check your answers with the “CTF Answer Checker” in the quizzes section of the course
- You can keep submitting your CTF answers until you get 10 correct
- This will not affect your assignment or course grade
- When you have attempted 10 challenges:
- Follow the instructions in the Capture the Flag (CTF) Write-Up Template to answer follow-up questions on your CTF experience
- For the Write-Up, you should list the 10 challenges you attempted and explain at least 2 challenges that you actually solved to complete the assignment
- You do not need 10 “correct” solves; rather, focus on what you learned from the challenge(s) you solved and also those you did not solve
|How Will My Work Be Evaluated?
A cybersecurity CTF (Capture the Flag) is a competition that tests your ability to apply skills that you have learned in this and other related courses to solve cybersecurity problems. These competitions will allow you to demonstrate your ability to apply your skills and knowledge to real-world problems that you will encounter in your tasks as a cyber analyst.
Employers encourage CTF participation because it will help employees improve their analytical skills. Companies often use these competitions as recruitment events for cyber talent. The ability to solve these types of cyber challenges will directly translate to the ability to perform well on the job. During an interview, you can mention that you have participated in an individual CTF within this course.
The solutions to the CTF questions represent just one aspect of how you will be evaluated. Your written submission, which will discuss the problems solved and the strategies you used to solve them, will not only allow you to present clear ideas and conclusions but will also allow you to reflect on those approaches so that when you are confronted with similar situations in the workplace, you will be able to respond with the benefit of your experience.
The following evaluation criteria aligned to the competencies will be used to grade your assignment:
When you are finished, click “add a file” to upload your work, then click the Submit button.
Expert Answer: Project 1: Capture the Flag (CTF) Write-Up