Questions Based On “Soviet Union” By: Michael Kort
Michael Kort’s Soviet Union, pp. 80-86 (see uploaded document)
- What do Marx and Engels mean by the phrase, “A specter is haunting Europe – the specter of communism”?
- Define the terms: Communism, Capitalism, Bourgeoisie, Proletariat
- Explain Marx’s idea of dialectical materialism in your own words. Draw a diagram of this concept.
- How did “surplus value” adversely affect the workers?
- According to Marx, what is profit? How does it relate to the actions of the ruling class?
- What is the difference between socialism and communism?
- How does Marx use the study of history to describe the impending revolution?