DETAILS: Topic is Leadership
- Using the same topic you selected from week one, and utilizing a similar research strategy in the online library, find a journal article that presents qualitativescholarly research associated with your topic. Remember that scholarly research involves solving problems. If your article does not use qualitative methodology then you do not have an appropriate research article. For the purposes of this assignment you want to intentionally find a research article that contains qualitative methodology. Consult the Creswell textbook for assistance. Save the article to your computer to have as a reference and also to attach to the professor when your paper is completed.
- Write a short paper (450-600 words) that demonstrates a brief analysis of the qualitative research article you selected. You are to write your paper in such a way as to answer the questions/issues below. However, do not include the list on your paper. Instead, let the items guide the content expressed in your paper, which should be in typical paragraph form.
- State the research problem or issue in the study.
- State the hypothesis/questions or objectives. Were they stated clearly?
- What questionnaires/survey instruments were used to answer the problem?
- What was the population used in the study? Was there a sample used? If so, how was the sample selected? How many were in the sample?
- What were the statistical techniques used to analyze the data?
- Identify and report/discuss model or models that are associated with the study or are developed from the study
Helpful Hint: Avid research skills need to be applied in this exercise. In Proquest or Ebsco, make the “Advanced Search” do the work for you. Utilize all three boxes in the search window. For example, if you are trying to identify a scholarly journal with the topic of leadership that has hypotheses or questions identified, then in the first search box use the key word “leadership” in the next search box use the key word “hypotheses” and the last search box use the key word “research question.” . You also may want to do a search and change one of the key words to “qualitative” that produces an article that may have a theory or model associated with the study.
REMEMBER to check the “Scholarly Journal” box and the “Full-text” box. Also, viewing the article in the PDF version will allow a better viewing of the model in its entirety.
- Utilize the APA Helps in the Resources area to help you present your brief paper in APA format, which means that you need to write a Title Page and References Page separate from the body of the text of the paper (no abstract or author note are needed). On this assignment you should write the publication information about your article on the References Page and then also cite the source in the body of the paper when you are stating facts