to write two, one-page memos. The first one-page memo is to convince Professor
Roe, a non-coffee drinker, to patronize Starbucks. The second one-page memo is to convince Sybil Yang, a
coffee addict, not to patronize Starbucks.
This is not a sales pitch or a marketing piece. You are writing from the perspective of a hospitality business
analyst. The memos should:
· Not read like a brochure,
· Not be written as if you work for Starbucks or one of its competitors,
· Have an objective, professional, factual tone,
· Provide at least two reasons per position, and
· Include evidentiary support for the reasons argued.