Nighttime Apnea Partners Institute (NAPI – pronounced Nap-ee) specializes in the study of sleep disorders, such as Apnea. They test both newly announced products and traditional home-remedies. Eventually, after much research, they publish clinical study data on their findings. In addition, they create market-ready sleep-aids that range from the low-tech tool to some very high-tech options.
You are working with them on a software implementation project that will add barcode functionality to their current patient record system and custom-designed sleep-study software. This is a desired functionality in high-demand by the Sleep Specialists who track sleep behaviors of individuals testing various research studies, product studies, or who are simply visiting overnight to identify their specific sleep disorder. Below is the design for this change project.
Choose one of the following options for this assignment
In a 2 page (minimum) paper following APA format, analyze its strengths and weaknesses.
- Test barcode software against requirements
- Training shift leaders in the use of barcode readers
- Provide barcode training manuals for shift leaders to use in training their teams
- Bring up one wing of the sleep labs per week until all labs are up and running
- Provide on-the-floor coaches who rotate through sleep labs assisting the technicians, troubleshoot, and coach the use of the barcode readers
- During the week that a wing is building its barcode skills, debrief the wing-team at the end of the shift and debrief senior management at their morning “huddle”
Be sure to follow up your suggestions with data from credible resources. Remember that your title and reference page are not considered in the minimum page count requirements.
Create a PowerPoint presentation depicting the organizational structure of a Fortune 500 company. Based on your research of the organizational structure, explain why you think this is effective or ineffective. Based on the structure, describe the responsibilities that you believe have been assigned to each department. Your presentation should be 10-15 slides. A references slide should be included.
Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Please include citations to support your ideas.