Assignment 1: Individual Research and Discussion—Business Factors
The world is becoming homogenized with increased communication and transportation. International law has made it easier to not only do business abroad but also to acquire finance and grow in these markets. Using the same MNC that was the focus of your individual research in M1: Assignment 2, select two different business factors from the list below, then discuss each of the questions as they apply to business conditions for that MNC.
Using the University online library resources and the Internet, consider the questions as they apply to the following business factors.
- Communications (i.e., Internet, shipping and transportation, etc.)
- International Accounting Standards Board
- Growth and presence of companies doing business in international markets (both here in the U.S. and abroad)
- Growth of international law and treaties
- Growth of financial markets
- Comment on the issues the MNC faced. How were these issues overcome?
- How might these issues have changed the way the MNC conducts business in domestic and international markets?
- Considering the current business climate, what future changes should the MNC anticipate?
- What recommendations would you make to management to ensure a successful future?
Write a 4-page paper in Word format. Apply current APA standards for writing to your work.
- From the textbook, International business law and its environment, read the following chapters:
- Licensing Agreements and the Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
- From the University online library resources, read:
- Lindquist, G. (2007). Beyond meaning: Globalization and the icons of power. Anthropology & Medicine, 14(3), 307–320.
- Srodes, J. (2000). Success depends on being globally literate. World Trade, 13(5), 14.
- Wolfe, D. L. (2000). Trends in the international arena. Ohio CPA Journal, 59(3), 32.
- Wright, R. (1994). Trends in international business research: Twenty-five years later. Journal of International Business Studies, 25(4), 687–701.