The director of the new adult community chemical addictions rehab center has asked you to research 2 current models of addiction to use in the center. These models of addiction could be based on but are not limited to the following models of addiction:
- The disease (born this way)
- Cognitive and behavioral
- Psychoanalytic (rage-induced)
The director would like you to take the lead at the next planning meeting to propose to the 2 models that you have selected. Include the following in a paper with 4–6 pages:
- Explain each of the models that you have selected. Provide a detailed overview of each model.
- Detail how each model can be used to address a current issue related to addictions.
- Provide a rationale for why it will be beneficial to use each model in the center. Give a minimum of 2 advantages for each model.
- Report any potential disadvantages with each model that you chose.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.