At the new veteran’s agency, your boss wants you to put together a presentation on life skills to promote client knowledge, skills, and attitudes that contribute to positive change in substance abuse behavior. This presentation will be given at a group meeting where they are planning for the agency to promote individual counseling for clients with substance abuse disorders.
In 4 pages, cover the following:
- 3–4 substance abuse behaviors you will address
- 3–4 basic life skills that substance abusers may find helpful and explain
- 3–4 concepts regarding knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will contribute to positive change (3–4 total not per category) and how this might be possible
At the end of the presentation, there will be a Q&A with the clients as a way to get the clients to interact with your presentation so that they think about what you have to offer them.
The following are sample questions that you could ask of the clients. Prepare 2 more questions and write 2–3 sentences of the responses you anticipate for each of the 4 questions.
- What behaviors have worked positively for you in the past?
- What behaviors have worked negatively for you in the past?
Individual Project Rubric
The Individual Project (IP) Grading Rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the IP. This Individual Project Grading Rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component of the IP. It’s the roadmap that can help you in the development of your IP.