Strategic Collaboration: DHS Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) strategic planning and managing the infusion of new technologies
Background: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is a standalone United States federal agency, an operational component under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) oversight. CISA’s mission is to lead the national effort in understanding and managing cyber and physical risk. Its activities are a continuation of the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD).
CISA was established in November 2018 when President Donald Trump signed into law the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Act. CISA works closely with the intelligence community, law enforcement, private sector partners, and others across the Federal Government to ensure cybersecurity. An important element of CISA’s strategic planning process is managing the infusion of emerging technologies and investment towards a balanced mix of technology capabilities to best accomplish its mission.
This assignment consists of conducting detailed research and critical analysis of CISA strategic planning and how it includes posturing the organization to manage the infusion of emerging technologies.
- Examine CISA’s strategic planning requirements and priorities as it pertains to infusing emerging technologies.
- Assess the purpose and value of the CISA Strategic Technology Roadmap in CISA’s strategic plan for future growth.
- Explain how community engagement and communal preparation can lead to establishing emerging technology in the CISA strategic plan to build a more secure and resilient infrastructure.
- Determine the gaps and best practices in CISA’s planning the infusion of new technologies.
- Assess if CISA’s strategic planning process is effective in managing and infusing new technologies to strengthen critical infrastructure and address long-term risks; make any recommendations to improve the process.
The paper should include the following:
- The body of this paper requires 10 pages which does not include the cover page, photographs, bulleted lists, reference page, or other inserts.
- An introduction of the paper about the main topics to be covered, and a brief overview of CISA’s mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities.
- Conclusion and recommendations.
- Reference page at the end with at least ten sources that must be cited using APA 7th edition format.
- This is an opportunity to be innovative, creative, and to use the knowledge you gained in your professions and throughout your course work.
- Stay focused on your task. Use course materials, carefully cite your information, and ensure that the paper is plausible.