Peter Singer – “Famine, Affluence, and Morality”
Please read the article “Famine, Affluence, and Morality,” by Peter Singer and complete the following tasks:
- Explain Singer’s goal in this article, and then present his argument in relation to this issue.
- Explain three counter-arguments to Singer’s position that he addresses in his article, and then indicate Singer’s responses to those counter-arguments.
- Define Singer’s concept of marginal utilityand identify how it relates to his argument.
- Compare how the ideas of duty and charity change in Singer’s proposed world?
- Finally, present your personal response to Singer (this should be no more than one page of the entire assignment). Provide an argument either in support of Singer’s position, against his position, or somewhere in the middle of his position. Remember that when you present your own positions you need to support those positions with as much logical reasoning and factual evidence as possible.
The paper must be at least three pages in length, formatted according to APA style, and include a title and a reference page (which does not count towards the page length). Support your point with examples from the text and at least two sources, See ATTACHMENT for Ch. 2 & 3 of my textbook. Here is the Reference for my textbook: Mosser, K. (2010). A concise introduction to philosophy. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.