If you didn’t last week:
- Download VMware Player, Virtual Box, or use Hyper-V to build a Windows 10 virtual machine. These free applications can be placed on your personal computer:
- Oracle Virtual Box (free)
- VMware Player (free)
- Hyper-V (available on Windows 8.1 and 10)
- You can also get an evaluation copy of Windows 10.
- Download the Windows Upgrade Proof of Concept Template and follow the instructions in the document.
In this project, you will practice installing and configuring Windows 10 on a virtual machine and document the process with screenshots and written explanations. You will need to take screenshots from the virtual machine (VM) from this project for the Project 3 presentation, so do not delete the VM.
Follow the Windows Installation Instructions to create the proof of concept. Once you have completed these tasks, write a report that documents the steps you followed in installing Windows 10, detailing which version you installed as well as the steps you completed after the installation.
|How Will My Work Be Evaluated?
For this assignment, you are asked to provide your supervisor with a proof-of-concept document demonstrating your knowledge and ability to install, configure, and secure Windows 10. By summarizing your results in a short memorandum, you are showing how you use your technical knowledge to convey your ideas to others in a professional setting. Your ability to express your findings using the right mix of technical detail is an important workplace skill.
The following evaluation criteria aligned to the competencies will be used to grade your assignment:
When you are finished delete the instructional text from the template, click “add a file” to upload your work, and then click the Submit button.