I will provide you with the career to research, and I will add info from the book to the paper so you really dont even have to do it all. I will also be doing the interview. All I really need is #3, and lots of information!
- Pick the career of your choice from the last chapters in the book
- Chapter 13 – Careers in Health and Fitness
- Chapter 14 – Careers in Therapeutic Exercise
- Chapter 15 – Careers in Teaching Physical Education
- Chapter 16 – Careers in Coaching and Sport Instruction
- Chapter 17 – Careers in Sport Management
- – Careers in Nutrition
- Read the corresponding chapter of the career you chose. Using your books, the internet and other resources, complete your project.
- Write a paper and discuss the following items:
- What are the professional opportunities in this career?
- What are the purposes and types of work done in this field?
- What are the educational requirements and experiences necessary for becoming competent in the field?
- Identify whether this profession fits your skills, aptitudes and professional desires.
- Interview one practicing professional in the field. Include this information in your report.
For the interview ask the following questions and any other you are interested in.
- Name, position and job location of the professional
- Background of the person and why they chose their career
- Main responsibilities of their job
- Most difficult aspect of their job/field
- Most rewarding aspect of their job/field
- What were the most important experiences in preparing for their job/career
- What advice would they give to a kinesiology major who is interested in pursuing a career in their field
After researching your project, is this still the profession you would pursue? Why or why not?
When writing your project:
- Write professionally
- Use proper grammar and sentence structure
- Use spell check
- The more effort that goes into your project, the higher your grade.
- Worth 50 points