Within both Linux and Windows environments, create 10 user accounts. You may use any name that comes to mind but remember to be appropriate.
- Look at your existing corporation. Create 10 user groups (both Linux and Windows – at least one user account per group) appropriate for the needs of this company. Note: Most companies have groups of people performing standard tasks such as HR, Payroll, Accounting, Management, Administration, etc. Many companies have additional specialized groups such as Engineering, Design, Manufacturing, Sales, Training, etc.
- Use PowerShell to import user accounts according to the names listed in “ITT-121 Usernames Resource.” Check with your instructor for additional guidance on this project.
- In addition to the above applicable user groups, create an IT user group.
- Create at least one alternative account that has administrative or super user privileges. Ensure that this account belongs to the IT user group, as well as any other built-in administrator groups.
- As you go, take instructional notes and screenshots that will help to reproduce your process. Submit these notes as proof of completion.
- Write a 250- to 350-word paper discussing the key aspects of how User and Group Schemas are implemented in a corporate environment. You must use at least one credible reference.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Answer Preview: User and Group Management