OPRE 315 Homework 1
Note: Question 1: 1 Point; Question 2: 2.5 Points; Question 3: 2.5 Points
Please answer the following questions giving all details:
- Problem 2c, Textbook Page 29
How might analytics be used in the following situations?
- Determining a personal investment plan
Please answer using at least ten sentences.
- Use Excel’s filtering capability in the Purchase Orders database to extract
- all orders for Side Panel.
- all orders for quantities of less than 160 units.
- all orders for Side Panel with quantities of less than 160 units.
Please include Excel worksheets with all the details with your answer.
- The monthly product sales for a company are given in the Homework 1 Question 3 Data excel file posted with this homework. Use PivotCharts to create a useful dashboard for the data in this Excel file. Include the following 6 charts in your dashboard:
– Total Product A sales units for each month
– Total Product B sales units for each month
– Total Product C sales units for each month
– Total Product D sales units for each month
– Total Product E sales units for each month
– A clustered chart of total sales units for Product A, total sales units for Product B, total sales
units for Product C, total sales units for Product D, and total sales units for Product E for each
Explain how a manager might use the dashboard.
Please include the Excel worksheet with all the details and the dashboard with your answer.
– Homework 1 is due by midnight Sunday, September 18th.
– Each student must solve Homework 1 problems individually by himself/herself or within the team he/she is a member of. Please do not ask for help from anyone else to answer any questions in this homework. Also, do not share your answers with anyone except your team members.
– Please include all details and steps performed to find your answers. Just writing the final answers will not get you full credit.
– A team should post their answers in the assignments section of the course website by any one of the team members. The submission must contain names of all team members. A member whose name is missing from the assignment will not receive any credit.
A team submission will be graded based on the answers submitted by the team. If answer to one or more questions is missing because a member of the team did not do his/her part, then the team will not receive any credit for those questions.
– Please submit the homework answers in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PDF format. Scans or photos of the answers in JPG, JPEG or PNG format are acceptable but they must be clear and legible. Other formats are not acceptable.